If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
The fermentation chamber is one of the most important places in your home brewery. It’s where you store your beer during fermentation and must be kept at a consistent temperature. To do this, you must have the best mini fridge for fermentation chamber so your beer can ferment properly.
- My Top Fermentation Chamber Mini Fridge Recommendations
- Best Mini Fridge Overall: Midea WHS-160rb1 Single Reversible Compact Refrigerator
- Best Entry-Level Fermentation Chamber Fridge: RCA RFR321-FR320/8 Igloo Mini Refrigerator
- Best Stainless Steel Fermentation Chamber Fridge: RCA RFR836 3.2 CU Ft 2 Door Fridge and Freezer
- Best Adjustable Mini Fermentation Chamber Fridge: Whynter Br-130SB Beverage Refrigerator
- Features to Consider Before Buying a Fridge for Fermentation
- Frequently Asked Questions
My Top Fermentation Chamber Mini Fridge Recommendations
A good fridge means happy yeast and good fermentation. Getting the best mini fridge for your fermentation chamber is crucial to maintaining the quality of your homebrew. You don’t want your hard work to go to waste because of a bad fridge. You need a refrigerator that can maintain a consistent temperature, has good air circulation, and is big enough to store all your fermenting beer.
Best Mini Fridge Overall: Midea WHS-160rb1 Single Reversible Compact Refrigerator
Midea WHS-160rb1 is my top pick for the best mini fridge for the fermentation chamber. Unlike others on the list, the fridge comes with a separate freezer compartment for storing hops and yeast. The fridge also has a reversible door which is convenient for left or right-handed people. The fridge’s capacity is 4.4 cubic feet, enough to store 5-6 fermenting beer bottles.
The fridge also has a temperature range of 32 to 35.6 degrees Fahrenheit, which is great for fermenting beers that require this temperature range. Unlike Midea WHS-160rb1, the refrigerator has a manual defrost system and is Energy Star certified, meaning it’s energy-efficient. It has a dimension of 19.72D x 21.2W x 33.86H inches. This is ideal for a small fermentation chamber and does not take much of your space.
The fridge also has a noise rating of 42 dBA, which is ideal for a mini fridge. This means that the fridge will not disturb your fermentation process. It has a voltage of 115 volts, meaning it will not trip your circuit breaker. The only downside to this fridge is that it does not have a built-in lock; however, you can buy one separately.
- It has a separate freezer compartment for storing hops and yeast
- The fridge is big enough to store 5-6 fermenting bottles
- Energy Star certified, meaning it’s energy-efficient
- Noise rating of 42 dBA, which is ideal for a mini fridge
- It comes in different colors, so you can choose the one that matches your fermentation chamber
- It does not have a built-in lock, forcing you to buy one separately
- The fridge cannot be used to make ice cubes or store frozen food
- If not placed properly, the fridge can vibrate and make noise
- Includes separate freezer compartment for foods that need extra chilling | However cannot be used...
- Product dimensions – 21.26” D x 19.72” W x 33.86” H | Refrigerator capacity – 4.4 Cubic....
- Features Adjustable Legs and a Reversible Door that open from Left or Right
Best Entry-Level Fermentation Chamber Fridge: RCA RFR321-FR320/8 Igloo Mini Refrigerator
If you want an easy-to-operate fridge, then the RCA RFR321-FR320/8 Igloo mini fridge is the one for you. The fridge has a capacity of 3.2 cubic feet, which is ideal for storing your beers and other drinks. The fridge has a compact design, so it takes up less space in your room. It has a weight of only 50.7 pounds and a dimension of 17.5 W x 18.5 D x 31.5 H inches, so it is easy to move around.
Just like Midea Whs-160rb1, this one also has a manual defrost function, so you can easily control the temperature whenever you need to. It also has an adjustable thermostat to set the temperature according to your needs. This will help you keep your drinks at the perfect temperature. The fridge also has a LED light, so you can easily see what is inside and find what you are looking for.
Like others on the list, it features a reversible door, so you can easily open it from either side. This is a great feature if you have limited space in your room. The fridge also comes with a compressor cooling to enhance performance even in hot weather. It has a voltage of 110V, a great power-saving feature. The only downside to this fridge is that it does not have an automatic defrost function.
- It is perfect for those who want to store their drinks since it has a capacity of 3.2 cubic feet
- It comes with an adjustable thermostat so you can set the temperature according to your needs
- The fridge has a LED light for easy visibility
- It has a reversible door, so you can open it from either side and store it at any place
- The fridge has a compressor cooling system to enhance performance in hot weather
- The fridge does not have an automatic defrost function
- It is sometimes difficult to keep the compressor cool
- If stored in an unfavorable environment, it might not function well
- Your purchase includes One RCA RFR321 Single Door Mini Fridge with Freezer in Blue color
- Fridge dimensions: 17-1/2” W x 18.5/8” D x 31.5/8” H | 84 L - 3.2 cu. Ft. inner space |...
- Reversible Door makes it easy to fit this in any spot of your room
Best Stainless Steel Fermentation Chamber Fridge: RCA RFR836 3.2 CU Ft 2 Door Fridge and Freezer
The RCA RFR836 3.2 CU Ft 2 Door Fridge and Freezer is one of the great stainless steel fridges available on the market. Like RCA RFR321-FR320/8 Igloo mini, it has a capacity of 3.2 cubic feet, which is ideal for storing your beers and other drinks when fermenting or brewing. It has a dimension of 20D x 22AW x 34H inches to fit perfectly in your fermentation chamber.
The fridge also features two doors for easy access to your drinks. The freezer compartment is located at the top of the fridge, while the fridge compartment is at the bottom. These two features make it easy to store and organize your drinks. The fridge also has a reversible door, so you can easily change the direction of the door. The 120 voltage is great for the proper functioning of the fridge.
The fridge also has adjustable thermostat control, so you can easily set the fridge’s temperature. The fridge also has a defrost timer, so you can easily control the time of the fridge. The fridge also has an automatic shut-off function to help turn off the fridge when not in use. Unlike others, this fridge has a built-in can dispenser to keep your cans organized. The only downside of this fridge is that it does not have a built-in ice maker.
- The fridge has two doors for easy access to your drinks
- The fridge is made of stainless steel, which makes it durable and easy to clean
- The fridge has an adjustable thermostat control and a defrost timer to help you control the fridge’s temperature
- The fridge has a built-in can dispenser to keep your cans organized
- The fridge does not have a built-in ice maker making it difficult to store ice cream or other frozen foods
- The high voltage means that the fridge may use more power than other mini-fridges
- Dimensions: 20.09" D (Including Handles) | 16.92" Depth (Less Door) | Height to Top of Door Hinge:...
- 2 Door Configuration - Top Door for Freezer and bottom Door for Fridge
- Adjustable Thermostat and Compressor Cooling for ultimate performance even in hot weather
Best Adjustable Mini Fermentation Chamber Fridge: Whynter Br-130SB Beverage Refrigerator
The Whynter BR-130SB Beverage Refrigerator is the perfect mini fridge for fermentation. It has a sleek black exterior and a tempered glass door with stainless steel trim that gives it a modern look. The spacious interior has two shelves that can be adjusted to accommodate taller bottles and jars. The temperature range is 30-60 degrees Fahrenheit, with a powerful fan-circulated compressor that ensures even cooling throughout the fridge.
The door also has a keyed lock to keep your fermentations safe. The fridge also has a noise level of 44 dB so that it won’t disturb your sleep. It also has a dimension of 17 x 18.5 x 33 inches, which is ideal for small spaces. Like others on the list, this fridge has a reversible door to help with the limited space in your home. The refrigerator has five adjustable shelves, each holding up to 25 12-oz cans.
Unlike the Midea Whs-160rb1 fridge, this fridge features an automatic defrost system that prevents the formation of ice crystals. The stainless steel exterior is easy to clean, and a LED light illuminates the interior, making it easy to find what you need. The fridge also features a stainless steel bar handle that holds a towel to wipe down the exterior. The only downside of this fridge is that it doesn’t have a fermentation lock.
- The fridge is spacious, with adjustable shelves to fit taller bottles
- The fridge has a keyed lock to keep your fermentations safe
- The fridge features an automatic defrost system to prevent ice buildup
- The thermostat can be set anywhere from 30 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit
- The fridge has a noise level of 44 dB, making it ideal for use in a bedroom
- The fridge doesn’t have a fermentation lock
- It is sometimes difficult to find the perfect temperature for fermenting
- The automatic defrost system can sometimes fail to lead to ice buildup
- Beverage Fridge: Unlike many budget beverage refrigerators, our drink fridge utilizes premium...
- 120-Can Capacity: Equipped with 5 slide-out wire shelves, our small fridge-style beverage cooler is...
- Advanced Cooling: Our small refrigerator keeps cans at an optimum temperature via a powerful...
Features to Consider Before Buying a Fridge for Fermentation
|Dimension (inches)||Voltage||Defrost system|
|Whynter Br-130SB Beverage Refrigerator||17 x 18.5 x 33||115V||Automatic|
|RCA RFR836 3.2 CU Ft 2 Door Fridge and Freezer||20 x 22 x 34||120V||Manual|
|Midea WHS-160rb1 Single Reversible Compact Refrigerator||19.72 x 21.2 x 33.86||115V||manual|
Buying a fridge and getting the best one is not an easy task. If you want to get the best out of your fermentation process, you need to consider some important factors before purchasing a fridge. Here are some features that you should look for in a fridge before buying it:
The Size of the Fridge
The size of the fridge is one of the most important factors to consider before buying it. The fridge size should be proportional to the size of your fermentation vessel. You can get a smaller fridge if you have a small batch fermenter.
However, if you have a large batch fermenter, you must get a bigger fridge. You don’t want to overcrowd your fridge and have to move things around to make space for your fermenter. A larger space also allows for better air circulation, which is important for fermentation. For instance, the Whynter BR-130SB Beverage Refrigerator is a good option for those with large batch fermenters.
The Temperature Range
Another important factor to consider is the temperature range of the fridge. The ideal temperature range for fermentation is 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit. This is a perfect temperature for most yeast strains. However, some fridge models have a temperature range of 30-60 degrees Fahrenheit, which is only ideal for low-temperature fermentations.
In most cases, brewers will use a fridge with a temperature range of 30-60 degrees Fahrenheit for fermentations that don’t require a high level of temperature control. These types of fermentations include lagers, ales, and fruit beers. For instance, Whynter BR-130SB Beverage Refrigerator has a temperature range of 30-60 degrees Fahrenheit, which is ideal for low-temperature fermentations.
The Type of Fridge
There are two types of fridges: chest and upright. Chest fridges are more energy-efficient than upright fridges because they have less exposed surface area. This means they lose less heat, and the compressor doesn’t have to work hard to maintain the temperature.
Upright fridges are more convenient because they don’t require you to bend down to get things out of the fridge. They also have a more exposed surface area, which makes them less energy-efficient. For example, the RCA RFR836 3.2 CU Ft 2 Door Fridge is great for space and convenience.
The Noise Level
The noise level is another important factor to consider before buying a fridge. The compressor is the noisy part of the fridge, and it can be quite loud when running. If you’re going to use the fridge in a bedroom, you need to get a model with a low noise level, so it doesn’t disturb your sleep.
For instance, the Igloo FR465 3.2 Cu Ft Compact Refrigerator has a noise level of 44 dB, which is ideal for use in a bedroom.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Need a Fermentation Chamber?
No, you don’t need a fermentation chamber. However, to move your brewing career to the next level, it’s a great idea to have one. A fermentation chamber allows you to control the temperature of your fermentations, which is important for making high-quality beer.
What’s the Best Temperature for Fermentation?
The ideal temperature for fermentation is 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit. This is a perfect temperature for most yeast strains. So, if you buy a fridge for fermentation, ensure a temperature range of 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit.
What’s the Best Way to Cool Your Beer?
There are several ways to cool your beer. You can use a wort chiller, put the fermenter in a cold water bath, or use a fridge. Most brewers prefer a fridge because it’s the most convenient option since you can control the temperature.
A mini-fridge is a great option for those who want to control the temperature of their fermentations. When choosing a mini-fridge for fermentation, consider the factors that will help you determine the best model for your needs. These include the size, type of fridge, noise level, and temperature range.