If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Your homebrewed beer needs to be distilled to be of the highest quality. You need the best home distilling kit to get the job done right. A good distilling kit ensures that your beer tastes great and allows you to customize the flavor to your liking.
- Our Top Home Distilling Kit Recommendations
- Features to Consider Before Buying a Home Distilling Kit
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Home Distilling Kit Recommendations
There are various distilling kits on the market. However, the best home distilling kit should have certain features to make sure that you get the most out of your beer. You don’t want a kit that is going to leave you with a subpar product.
Many homebrewers prefer to use a combination of both malted and unmalted grains when brewing their beer. This sometimes makes things more difficult when trying to find the best home distilling kit and the right still for your needs.
You also need a high-quality distilling kit to avoid losing flavor and aroma in your beer. The high-quality kit will also help you from having to make too many adjustments during the brewing process and will allow you to have more control over the final product.
Clawhammer Supply 5 Gallon Copper Moonshine Still
Clawhammer Supply 5 Gallon Copper Moonshine Still is one of the most popular and trusted home distilling kits on the market. Like others on the list, this kit is made with high-quality materials. It comes with a wealth of features that make it one of the best choices for newbies and experienced brewers alike.
The Clawhammer Supply 5 Gallon Copper Moonshine Still, made in the USA, comes with a 5-gallon stainless steel boiler, a 3-plate column, and an 8″ copper dephlegmator for cooling the vapor. Assembling it will take you approximately eight hours. The entire unit is pressure-tested to ensure safety and durability.
Unlike WMN Trulystep 3 Gallon 12L Stainless Steel Distiller, this home distilling kit also includes a thermometer, an airlock, tubing, clamps, and a distilled water jar. The column has been precision-engineered to provide superior performance. The dephlegmator, also known as a condenser, removes any unwanted impurities from your final product. The drawback is that you will need to buy extra hoses and clamps if you want to use this still with a keg.
- The copper material is of top quality and ensures durability
- The entire unit is pressure-tested for safety; hence you can use it with peace of mind
- The 3-plate column is precision-engineered to provide superior performance
- The 8” copper dephlegmator is designed to remove unwanted impurities
- The thermometer mounted on the outside of the boiler makes temperature readings easy
- Assembling the kit may take some time
- You will need to buy extra hoses and clamps if you want to use this still with a keg
- The airlock sometimes leaks, leading to wastage
WMN Trulystep 3 Gallon 12L Stainless Steel Distiller
The WMN Trulystep 3 Gallon 12L Stainless Steel Distiller is one of the most popular portable home distilling kits. Just like Still Spirits T-500 Boiler and Condenser System, this kit is made with high-quality food-grade 304 stainless steel. It comes with a 3-gallon boiler and a 5-foot length of silicone tubing for the wort outlet.
The fermenter pot of this home distilling kit has a capacity of 3 gallons. Unlike others, the lid of this equipment is made of shatter-resistant polycarbonate. The boiler comes with a built-in thermometer for easy temperature readings. This distiller also features an airtight seal to prevent any unwanted vapor loss.
This portable home distilling kit is easy to use and is perfect for small-batch brewing. The only drawback is that the airlock is not as effective as it could be, and you may experience some leakage.
- The food-grade 304 stainless steel material is of top quality and ensures durability
- The 3-gallon boiler comes with a built-in thermometer and a fermenter pot for easy temperature readings
- The lid is made of shatter-resistant polycarbonate
- This distiller features an airtight seal to prevent any vapor loss
- It is easy to use and perfect for small-batch brewing
- The airlock is not as effective as it could be, and you may experience some leakage
- Overflowing may occur if the fermentation process is not monitored carefully
- 🍀Moonshine stills - Complete distillation equipment, suitable for beginners or expert distiller,...
- 🍀Material and construction - safe & non-toxic red Copper and Stainless steel material, there is...
- 🍀Build-in thermometer - metal Thermometers show as: Celsius & Fahrenheit, so operator can inspect...
Still Spirits T-500 Boiler and Condenser System
If you are looking for the best quality home distilling kit, then the Still Spirits T-500 Boiler and Condenser System is the way to go. This system is made from high-quality materials to ensure durability and safety. It features a 12-liter boiler and a 3-liter dephlegmator, which is ideal for cooling the vapor. Unlike others on the list, T-500 embraces technology, meaning it is very efficient. This system will allow you to make high-quality distilled spirits at home with ease.
Unlike other distillers on the list, the equipment has the ability to collect all the vapors produced during distillation and condense them back into liquid form. This means that you will be able to get more pure alcohol from your home distillations. The T-500 is also very easy to clean, meaning you won’t have to spend a lot of time cleaning up after each batch.
This system comes with a boiler, a condenser, and all the hoses and connectors you will need. It also comes with a detailed instruction manual that will guide you through the distillation process step by step. The only drawback is that you will need to replace the boiling element after around 100 batches.
- The stainless steel material used is of high quality and also corrosion resistant
- It comes with accessories making it a complete package
- The still is energy efficient and also easy to operate and clean
- It is to assemble since it comes with a detailed instruction manual
- The thermal cut out feature protects the element from burning out
- The boiling element will need to be replaced after 100 batches which is an extra cost
- The stainless steel material may require more maintenance
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Designed and assembled to be the world's most advanced fractionating column...
- GREAT VALUE: You can save more money over time with this highly efficient system that accommodates...
- HIGH QUALITY: A sturdy stainless steel body combined with a faucet adaptor for ease of water flow...
Features to Consider Before Buying a Home Distilling Kit
Getting an ideal home distilling kit is not an easy task. This is because there are many things that you need to consider before making your purchase. There are many distilling kits on the market, and each one claims to be the best:
The Type of Distilling Kit
There are two main types of distilling kits: those that come with all the necessary equipment and those that do not. If you are new to distilling, it is recommended that you get a kit that comes with all the necessary equipment. This way, you will not have to buy any additional equipment.
For instance, the T-500 Boiler and Condenser System come with a boiler, a condenser, and all the hoses and connectors you need. Therefore, you will only have to buy the ingredients and start distilling.
The Quality of the Distilling Kit
Another important consideration is the quality of the distilling kit. This is because you want to make sure that you are getting a kit made from high-quality materials. For instance, the boiler should be made from stainless steel.
The stainless steel ensures that the boiler will not rust. Also, the condenser should be made from copper. The copper ensures that the alcohol will be condensed appropriately and will not be lost during the distilling process.
Therefore, when looking for a distilling kit, make sure that you choose one made from high-quality materials like the WMN Trulystep 3 Gallon 12L Stainless Steel.
Availability of the Spare Parts
With time, your distilling kit will need some spare parts. It does not matter how well you take care of your distilling kit; there will come a time when you will need to replace some of the parts, and you don’t want your production to be halted because you don’t have the necessary spare parts.
Therefore, when looking for a distilling kit, make sure you choose one with spare parts. This way, you will not have to worry about your production being halted due to the lack of spare parts. For instance, the T-500 Boiler and Condenser System come with a replacement element needed to replace the boiling element after 100 batches.
The Vital Components
This is a factor that many people overlook when choosing a distilling kit. However, it is a very important consideration. This is because the vital components of the distilling kit determine the quality of the alcohol that you will produce.
The three vital components of the distilling kit are the boiler, condenser, and still. These three components need to be of high quality to produce high-quality alcohol. For example, the T-500 Boiler and Condenser System is a high-quality distilling kit with these vital components.
Apart from these vital parts, other secondary components play an important role in the quality of the alcohol that you will produce. These components include the mash tun, fermentation tank, and holding tank. A thermometer also plays an important role in the distilling process as it helps you control the temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a Stripping Run In Distilling?
The stripping run is the first distillation run in which the goal is to remove as much water from the wash as possible. This is done by running the wash through the still at a lower temperature.
What Is the Easiest Still to Use?
The easiest still to use is the stainless moonshine still. It is good for beginners who want to get started in distilling without investing in a lot of expensive equipment.
Having a good distilling kit is the key to making great beer and liquor at home. The best home distilling kit will allow you to make high-quality beer with ease. Therefore, you should consider your options carefully before deciding on a particular kit.