If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Beer is the oldest drinks globally, and its popularity is increasing each day. This surge in demand has led to a greater need for better-quality beer faucets. The best faucet will help you pour the perfect pint of beer every time you want to enjoy a refreshing glass.
- Our Top Beer Faucet Recommendations
- Features to Consider Before Buying a Beer Faucet
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Beer Faucet Recommendations
We have plenty of beer faucet options on the market; however, not all of them are created equal. We’ve put together a list of our top beer faucet recommendations to help you select the perfect one for your home bar or kegerator.
These will ensure that you can always enjoy a perfect pint of beer and entertain guests with ease. Most importantly, they will help you avoid any beer wastage and keep your fridge full of delicious brews at all times!
Perlick 630ss Stainless Beer Faucet Chrome Shank Combo Kit W/Knob
This is a top-of-the-line faucet. Perlick 630ss Beer Faucet is made of high-quality stainless steel and features a chrome-plated brass shank combo. This faucet also comes with a knob that makes it easy to control the flow of beer and a rubber washer that ensures a tight seal.
Unlike other designs of faucets with a rear spout, Perlick 630ss has a spout at the end of the faucet that allows easy installation and provides more clearance for your keg. The revolutionary Perl ball and floating poppet design provides a smoother pour with less foam and waste. The Perl ball and the floating ring also ensure no bacteria and beer stone buildup.
It has a black flange and a compression ring at the back that are not found in other faucets listed here. The black flange is used to mount the faucet on a draft beer tower. The compression ring secures the faucet to the shank to the mounting surface. The only downside of this product is that it doesn’t come with a hex nut like others on our list, which would make it more difficult to prevent any leaks.
- Ease of installation due to spout at the end of the faucet
- It comes with a knob for easy flow control
- Rubber washer for a tight seal and to protect against leaks and invasion of bacteria
- High-quality stainless steel build that is chrome-plated and corrosion resistant
- The Perl ball and floating poppet design can be hard to clean
- The black flange might not match the color of your beer tower
- Perl 630SS stainless faucet ensure strength and sanitation
- Forward seat design to prevent lever from sticking
- 4-1/8" length chrome beer shank
Perlick 630SS Stainless Steel Draft Beer Faucet
The Perlick 630SS Draft Beer Faucet is made from 304-grade stainless steel that withstands the rigors of day-to-day use in a commercial setting and resists corrosion that could otherwise tarnish the faucet’s appearance. It also has a forward-sealing faucet, with a rubber seal located inside the faucet to prevent beer from flowing back into the faucet.
The spout on this Perlick faucet is more vertical than other faucets on our list, which prevents dripping and waste. The installation of Perlick 630SS Stainless Steel Draft Beer is also easy as it has a standard thread size that fits most taps and shanks.
It also has a color-coded lever handle not found on Perlick 630ss Stainless Beer Faucet Chrome Shank Combo Kit W/Knob, for easy keg identification, and it is also NSF-approved. This means that it meets all of the standards set by the National Sanitation Foundation for use in commercial food service establishments. The only setback for this product is that the black flange might not match the color of your beer tower.
- It is made from 304-grade stainless steel that is durable and resists corrosion
- It is a forward-sealing faucet that has a rubber seal to prevent beer from flowing back into the faucet; hence no contamination
- It is easy to install as it connects with most taps and shanks
- The spout is vertical to prevent dripping and waste of beer
- Perlick 630SS might be too tall for some installations since the spout is taller than most faucets
- It may be challenging to clean since it is a forward-sealing faucet
- Stainless steel construction.
- Forward seat design to prevent lever from sticking.
- Ensures that your beer has no exposure to air, so there is no space for mold or bacteria to grow.
Pera Draft Beer Keg Faucet with Flow Controller Chrome Plating Shank Tap Kit
The Pera Draft Beer Keg Faucet is made from high-quality stainless steel for superior durability. It comes with a flow controller to help you regulate the amount of dispensed beer.
Unlike Perlick 630SS Stainless Steel Draft Beer Faucet, this one comes with a clear plastic handle so you can easily see when the beer has stopped flowing. The kit also includes a standard chrome-plated shank and 3/8″ barb fittings that fit most US beer taps and are easy to install. The kit comes with everything you need to get started, and the instructions are easy to follow.
Just like other faucets on our list, the materials used comply with FDA standards. If you’re looking for a durable, high-quality beer faucet that is easy to use and comes with everything you need to get started, then the Pera Draft Beer Keg Faucet is a great choice. The only problem is that the clear plastic handle might discolor over time.
- It comes with a flow controller that allows you to regulate the amount of beer dispensed.
- It is a pocket-friendly faucet hence economical.
- The kit includes a standard chrome-plated shank and 3/8″ barb fittings that fit most US beer towers.
- It is easy to install since it comes with easy-to-follow instructions.
- The materials used in manufacturing the product are of high quality and durable.
- The plastic handle might break easily if not handled with care.
- It might be difficult to find replacement parts if needed.
- FOOD GRADE: Stainless Steel Construction, Safe and Health;
- FLOW CONTROL: Full 0-100% Flow Control,Quick and Easy to Clean;
- EASY USE: Beer Tap with Flow Control Switch G5/8 Thread, Use the Barb to Connect 5/16" ID Beer Line;
Bev Rlite CFP1 Beer Faucet with Brass Lever
If you’re looking for a beer faucet that can withstand the rigors of commercial use, then the Bev Rlite CFP1 Beer Faucet with Brass Lever is a great choice. It is a top-rated faucet with solid brass construction. It has a polished chrome-plated finish that makes it rust-resistant and gives it a sleek look. This faucet has a ceramic disc valve that provides a smooth and precise operation.
Like Perlick 630SS Stainless Steel Draft Beer Faucet, It also has a forward sealing design that prevents your beer from leaking and being wasted. The brass lever has a comfortable grip that you can use to control beer flow easily. This faucet is very easy to install and comes with all the necessary hardware.
Just like other faucets on our list, It also has threads compatible with many beer shanks and couplers available on the market. Homebrewers looking for a quality faucet with a low price tag will find this Bev Rlite beer faucet a great option. The biggest downside is that the plastic washer might need to be replaced after some time.
- It has a Polished chrome-plated finish that makes it rust-resistant and gives it a sleek look
- The brass lever has a comfortable grip that you can use to control beer flow easily and precisely
- It has a forward sealing design that prevents your beer from leaking and being wasted
- The ceramic disc valve provides a smooth operation and is very easy to install
- It is made of solid brass construction that ensures durability
- It might develop a chemical taste if the water used to clean it is not of good quality
- The flow control might be a little too sensitive for some users, so you have to be careful not to pour too much beer at once.
- Body is made of chrome plated brass
- Lever is made of brass
- Fits american shanks or towers
Features to Consider Before Buying a Beer Faucet
Beer faucets come in different shapes and sizes, so it’s important to know what features to look for before making your purchase. Here are some things you should consider:
|Faucet: Perlick 630SS Stainless Steel Draft Beer Faucet||Stainless Steel||Vertical Spout||Clear plastic handle|
|Bev Rlite CFP1 Beer Faucet with Brass Lever||Solid Brass||Rear spout||Metalic handle|
|Perlick 630ss Stainless Beer Faucet Chrome Shank Combo Kit W/Knob||Stainless Steel||Spout is at the end of faucet||Metalic handle|
The construction material is one of the most important factors you need to consider when looking for the best faucet. You want a faucet made of high-quality materials to serve you for a long time without developing any leaks or other problems.
The most common materials used in constructing beer faucets are stainless steel, brass, and chrome. Stainless steel is the most durable and can withstand the rigors of commercial use. For instance, Perlick 630SS Stainless Steel Draft Beer Faucet will serve you for a long time without any issues.
Materials made of brass like the Bev Rlite CFP1 Beer Faucet with Brass Lever are also quite durable. However, they might develop a chemical taste if the water used to clean them is not of good quality.
Faucets made of chrome are also quite durable and have a sleek look. However, they might rust if they come into contact with water that has a high iron content.
Another important factor you need to consider is flowing control. You want a faucet with good flow control so that you can pour the perfect pint of beer every time. The best beer faucets have a forward sealing design that prevents your beer from leaking and being wasted.
Some faucets, for instance, Perlick 630SS Stainless Steel Draft Beer Faucet, have a ball valve that allows you to easily control the flow of beer. It also has a built-in regulator that allows you to control the amount of beer you pour.
Other faucets, like Bev Rlite CFP1 Beer Faucet with Brass Lever, have a ceramic disc valve that provides a smooth and precise operation. The brass lever has a comfortable grip that you can use to control beer flow easily.
The finish is another crucial factor when looking for the best beer faucet. You want a faucet with a rust-resistant finish and easy to clean.
The most common finishes used on beer faucets are chrome and stainless steel. Chrome is a popular choice because it is Rust-resistant and has a sleek look. Stainless steel is also rust-resistant and easy to clean. However, it might show fingerprints more easily than chrome.
Some beer faucets, like Perlick 630SS Stainless Steel Draft Beer Faucet, have a Polished chrome-plated finish that gives it a sleek look. It is also rust-resistant and easy to clean.
Keg Coupler Compatibility
There are two main types of keg couplers in use in the US: the D system and the S system. Most domestic beer uses D system couplers, while some European beers (notably Guinness) use S system couplers.
D system keg couplers have a large, flat-faced valve that is opened by pushing down and turning clockwise. D system kegs are often used with American beer brands, such as Budweiser, Coors, and Miller. S system keg couplers have a small, round valve that is opened by pulling up and turning counterclockwise.
For instance, the Perlick 630SS Stainless Steel Draft Beer Faucet is compatible with both D and S system keg couplers and will work with any keg. When choosing a beer faucet, check what type of keg coupler it is compatible with to avoid any problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a Forward Sealing Beer Faucet?
A forward sealing beer faucet is a beer faucet with a rubber washer that seals on the underside of the spout instead of on the shaft. This design prevents beer from being drawn back into the faucet, keeping it clean and free of bacteria.
What Is the Difference Between a Beer Faucet and a Wine Faucet?
A beer faucet has a larger bore than a wine faucet, which allows for a higher flow rate. Beer faucets also have a shorter spout, which minimizes foam and waste. Wine faucets typically have a long tap to allow for aeration of the wine.
Beer faucets are an essential part of any quality pour, and the best faucet will help ensure that your pours are perfect every time. Getting the ideal pour starts with having the perfect faucet. If you’re looking for the best beer faucet, look no further than the options here.